Out of all the water damage restoration jobs today, dealing with mold might be the most dangerous. Studies have shown that some types of mold can cause health problems, some of which include: respiratory problems, sinus congestion, eye irritation, throat irritation, etc.
Typically, mold grows in damp surroundings – which means that if you have a batch of them growing in your basement, then you can be sure that water damage is present. In order to solve this home-disaster, you need to: (1) remove the mold and (2) repair the water damage causing dampness in the house.
DIY Mold Removal
DIY mold removal is typically done using basic anti-mold products bought through hardware stores. These products are sprayed on the mold growth, killing them outright upon which, you can start scrubbing. You can also use household items for the job such as bleach, borax, vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, and ammonia. When removing mold, it is best to wear a mask to avoid inhaling the spores – as well as addressing the cause of moisture so they don’t grow back.
Professional is Better
Small batches of mold growth may be fixed with a DIY removal system but there are instances when the growth is extensive or when the mold is located in a problematic part of the house. However, those are not the only times when professional water damage restoration and mold removal is more idea. Following are some of the advantages of using professional services to get the job done:
• There are literally millions types of molds, each of them responding differently to differently removal techniques. Professionals have the capacity to find out exactly what mold they are dealing with and how to best get rid of the problem.
• Mold removal is also dependent on the place where the mold happens to grow. If it is on wood, you will need to use a specific solvent and if it i on drywall, you will need to use something else. The goal is to kill the mold without ruining the basic structure of the house – something professionals are adept in handling.
• Do not forget the original cause of the mold: water damage. Addressing the mold may be easy, but fixing the water damage would be something else entirely. Professionals are an all-in-one system which means that they will fix the damage and get rid of the mold.
• The spores released by the mold may be invisible, but you can be sure that they are traveling through the air, through the vents, and right inside your lungs. To get rid of them completely, the vents must be cleaned and filters changed.
• Due to safety issues, professionals are better equipped with the tools to take care of the mold depending on the severity of the problem. More often than not, mold removal only takes a day – allowing you to come back to a clean and healthy house immediately.
When it comes to mold caused by water damage, it is not enough to get water damage restoration specialists. You will need professionals that cover the whole lot of house repairs and restoration. This way, you will be able to trust them with the complete project, dealing only with a single set of people and of course, paying a smaller price for the cost of everything.